Southwold - A Quick Visit


I have just returned from Southwold on the Suffolk Coast, and must confess that it was not a camping trip. However, this is a lovely place to visit and our accommodation was a Victorian seafront house close to the pier and town.

Famous for the Adnam's brewery, beach huts, light house and award-winning pier, this small seaside town was a delight to visit. There are various campsites in the surrounding areas to choose from, and I'm sure we'll be return with the Karsten.

There is a good selection of restaurants and public houses serving food, but we opted for the Crown hotel restaurant which had a small snug bar before going through to the restaurant. I had a great meal (Fillet Steak) and I must admit I could have had two puddings they were that good!.

We decided to walk to Dunwich along the beach the following day, taking just over 2 hours. We stopped off for lunch at The Ship in Dunwich with it's welcoming roaring fire and Adman's on tap! Really good pub food here, I opted for the thick cut ham and home made chips with double egg. Just what I needed to keep me going on the 3 hour walk back. It took us through forest, over muddy tracks, and through the reed beds to Walberswick and eventually back to Southwold. Great weekend with so much more to see and do!

Popular posts from this blog

Unveiling Camping Comfort

Easter Camping Bliss - Unleashing the Karsten Tent Experience in the UK

1960's Igloo Tent - Pneumatic Tent Company